Friday, July 18, 2008

Celebrate Good Times, Come On!

Dear family, friends and colleagues--

I know this doesn't have anything to do with TV news, marketing or emerging media (unless my "digtal" camera counts as new media), but I had to share. My son's North Hills (PA) tournament baseball team won the Bauerstown 8-year old tournament last night against a tough team from Deer Lakes, 11-6. Given that our boys were at one point down 6-1, they learned a valuable lesson about never giving up. It's a lesson for all of us -- whether we work in the challengeing worlds of news and marketing, or are studying challenging subjects like new media in graduate school!



You're Kool and the Gang if you started singing the song my headline was inspired by!

3 comments:

Heidi M said...

Anne--

This blog entry absolutely is about new media: it's about disconnecting from technology to enjoy time with your family, friends, and community.

Congratulations to the team on their win!

Heidi

Anne said...

Heidi --

Thanks! Except being the media person that I am, I videotaped the entire thing and plan (in my month off from school) to make DVDs for everyone on the team. You might think that I can't watch a baseball game and videotape it at the same time, but thanks to those fold out LCD screens on most cameras I could do both. In fact I continued to videotape while taking the photograph I posted.

Anne

Unknown said...

Heya RedHeaded Chick Sis,

When we are on vacation in a couple of weeks, bring along your video footage, and I'll bring along our Mac laptop. I'll show you how to edit the footage together easily and with style (if you like). We can even put the end product upon YouTube. Then you can really say that this post WAS about new media!

Ciao,
Your Gray-haired Geek Sister